Friday, May 30, 2008

The 10 Best Music Videos of All Time

10 - The Black Keys: Your Touch

Makes absolutely no sense, is completely ridiculous, and just totally awesome.

9 - The Pharcyde: Drop

The first time I watched this, it took me a minute to figure out what was going on.

8 - The White Stripes: Fell in Love with a Girl

Must have taken fucking forever to make, even if it wasn't amazing in every way, it would be on this list just for the effort.

7 - Arcade Fire: Neon Bible

Done for the French website blogotheque.net in Paris

6 - Gorillaz: Clint Eastwood

I first saw this on MTV in France in 2001, and the song was stuck in my head for the next 7 years.

5 - Of Montreal: Wraith Pinned to the Mist and Other Games

Completely ridiculous video, and pretty hilarious to boot. Somehow makes me wanna eat at outback...

4 - Fatboy Slim: Weapon of Choice

Who knew Christopher Walken had it in him?

3. Skatt Bros.: Life At The Outpost

I don't expect you to watch the whole thing.

2 - Battles: Atlas

My friend Sean swears he had this exact idea for a music video years ago.

1 - Blur: Coffee & TV

No question in my mind that this is the finest music video ever made. It has it all: sex, poverty, violence, dairy...

anthony albert

No comments: